Accepted by world's leading companies
Need a Proof of Address?
Need proof of address to confirm your place of residence or business, but don't want (or can't) use your own address? Our service will provide you with an address in one of our buildings across Europe and an official statement as proof of address.
How It Works?
1. Place your order
2. Provide your preferences
3. Verify your identity online
4. Get your Proof of Address
Depending on your needs, you can additionally request notarization, legalization, translation, and apostille of the Proof of Address.
Notarization of Proof of Address
Notarization is a process where a notary public, who is a certified official appointed by the government, verifies the authenticity of a document.
Notarization is used to prevent fraud and to provide a level of assurance that the document is authentic and legally binding. Notarization is often required for legal documents such as vital records certificates, contracts, deeds, and affidavits, as well as for other documents that require verification of authenticity, such as passports or academic transcripts.
You can order a Proof of Address notarized and certified by our Notary Public.
Apostille for Proof of Address
An apostille is a type of authentication that verifies the authenticity of a public document for use in another country. The apostille is a certificate that is attached to the original document by a competent authority, such as a government agency, and serves as proof that the document is genuine.
The apostille was established by the Hague Convention in 1961, which is an international treaty that allows for the simplified legalization of documents between member countries. Apostilles are typically used for documents such as birth certificates, marriage certificates, and academic transcripts that need to be recognized in another country for legal or administrative purposes.
You can order a Proof of Address with an official Apostille.
Translation of Proof of Address
An official sworn translation is a translation of a document that has been certified as accurate and complete by a sworn translator. A sworn translator is a professional who has been authorized by a government agency or a court to provide official translations of documents.
The purpose of an official sworn translation is to provide a translation of a document that has the same legal validity and effect as the original document. The sworn translator is required to swear an oath that they have translated the document accurately and completely and that they are competent to translate the language of the original document into the target language.
You can order a Proof of Address with an official Sworn Translation into the language of your choice.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which documents are accepted as proof of address for companies?globalcustomerservice
The following documents can be accepted as proof of address for companies:
- A copy of a recent utility bill (no older than 3 months) stating your Company Name as well as the exact address provided in the application. (Examples are gas, water, electricity, landline phone, internet, and cable television.
- A copy of the Extract from the Commercial Registry which includes the Company Name as well as the exact address provided in the application.
- A copy of a recent bank statement that cannot be older than 3 months with the Company Name and the exact address used in the application.
What is not an acceptable document for proof of address?globalcustomerservice
- Your ID, Driver's license, and Passport can only be used to verify your identity. Even if it contains your address, it will not be accepted as proof of address.
- Outdated (issued more than 3 months ago) documents will not be accepted as proof of address.
- Documents from unknown or dubious organizations are not proof of address.
- Digitally modified documents or unclear copies of documents may also be rejected.
What is accepted as proof of address?globalcustomerservice
Proof of address can be one of the following documents:
- Water, electricity, gas, telephone, or Internet bill
- Credit card bill or statement
- Bank statement
- Bank reference letter
- Mortgage statement or contract
- Letter issued by a public authority (e.g. a courthouse)
- Company payslip
- Car or home insurance policy
- Car registration
- Authorized change of address form
- Letter of employment
- Official letter from an educational institution
- Municipality bill or government tax letter
- Lease agreement for your residence
Each bank will have a specific list of documents and rules to validate proof of address.
What criteria must the proof of address meet?globalcustomerservice
- It should be issued in your name and match your government-issued identification
- The proof of address must contain your current residential address
- The document needs to be sent by a recognized authority and shows their logo, name, and information
- Your proof of address needs to be clearly dated. Generally, banks will request that the document provided is dated within the last three months, but this rule can differ depending on the bank or the type of document you are submitting.